· Gerald Glenn Garvin (58) W/M of 306 Bracken St. Sanford NC was sentenced in Federal Court in Greensboro on July 11, 2014 for Possessing Child Pornography. He was sentenced to 40 months in Federal Prison; 15 years supervised probation once released and must register as a sex offender. This case originated in Lee County on 3/21/2013 after Lee County Sheriff’s Detectives served a search warrant on Garvin’s residence at 306 Bracken St. Sanford for child pornography.
· William Van Savage II (24) W/M of 3962 S. Plank RD. Sanford was sentenced to 132 months in Federal Prison for receipt of Child Exploitation Materials in Federal Court in Greensboro. He was also sentenced to 15 years of supervised probation once released and must register as a sex offender. These charges stemmed from a report on January 16, 2012 to the Lee County Sheriff’s Office when Van Savage’s wife reported a sexual assault on their 2 yr old child and Van Savage’s possessing and downloading Child Pornography.
· William Herbert Schliebener (48) W/M of 825 Walker RD. Sanford plead guilty to transporting a child over state lines to produce sexual material and producing sexual exploitation material, in Federal Court in Rochester NY on April 8, 2014. He is scheduled for sentencing on September 10, 2014 where he could receive a sentence between 10 yrs. and life. These charges stemmed when a 14 yr old runaway from New York was found at Schliebener’s residence on Walker RD on 10/3/2010.
· Johnny Wayne Norris (23) of 2871 Nicholson RD. Sanford NC pleaded guilty to 2 cts of attempted indecent liberties w/ a child in Lee County Superior Court on August 8, 2014. He was sentenced to 60 months supervised probation on each charge and must register as a sex offender. These charges stem from an investigation on 4/9/2014 when Norris attempted to meet a child on the internet for sex.
· Michael Ray Norris (20) 2871 Nicholson RD. Sanford NC plead guilty on February 27, 2014 for 3rd degree sexual exploitation of a minor. He received 36 month’s probation. These charges stemmed from an investigation that began on January 20, 2014 for Norris attempting to solicit sex from a minor on the internet.
(Note that the LCSO has two Detectives assigned to the FBI Child Exploitation Task Force)