In These Uncertain Times......



I'm Sheriff Tracy Carter, and I want to talk to you about something that is very important to me:  Your safety...

For those of you that know me personally, I’m not one to sit back and take it easy.  I was elected to serve and protect the citizens of Lee County and that’s where my focus is.  

In these uncertain times in our world today, we ALL must be prepared.  I’d like to believe that most of you are prepared…But are you?  Prepared for what you may ask.    From natural disasters, such as ice storms, snow, tornadoes, hurricanes,   long term power outages, etc.  And now the enemies of our nation are threatening to attack us again on our homeland, so terroristic threats must be added to the list as well, and of course protecting ourselves and our loved ones from the criminal element.  

Do you have an emergency preparedness kit set aside with items suggested that you’ll need in the event of a nature disaster?  Check the link listed below as a reference.

Most of you are aware that I’m a big advocate of the 2nd Amendment. If you feel threatened in your home, you should be able to defend yourself and your love ones from that threat.     

With gun ownership comes responsibility. There are several private businesses in Lee County which can provide personal firearms and safety courses.  Local gun stores, the Lee County Wildlife Club and others are just an example. Consider taking a certified safety course in handling a firearm so you can defend yourself, in the event you find yourself in a situation.   
  
In an emergency, activating 9-1-1 first is of the utmost importance, however in some cases that is just not possible, until the threat is over.  Being properly trained in the use of a firearm or non-lethal weapon can mean the difference between life and death, or you becoming a victim.  

The enemy that threatens our homeland often attacks weak or what is referred to as "soft targets"  and  so does the criminal element.  I want to encourage the good law abiding citizens of Lee County to not give our enemies any soft targets if we can help it. 

I also want to encourage everyone to not hesitate to call your local law enforcement if you see anything suspicious in your neighborhoods or if you feel you need us for anything else.

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
- Thomas Jefferson


"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
-John F. Kennedy


http://emergency.cdc.gov/preparedness/kit/disasters/

YOUR Sheriff,

Tracy L Carter

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you 100% on this Sheriff Carter 100%!!! I just bought a new rifle the other day and I plan on going to get a new pistol also. I am teaching my children "GUN SAFETY" as well. I don't want any of my family NOR anyone else for that matter to have to be in a predicament where they'd get hurt but sometimes you have to do what you have to do to protect your family! Thank you for all of your services in out community!!

Unknown said...

Thank You Sheriff Carter for this timely message. I appreciate your leadership and the great job done everyday by Lee County Law Enforcement. Our world and times have changed and we must remain vigilant. Awareness and preparation are the keys and each of us needs to be proactive in the safety of Lee County. God bless you and all of the officers who protect and serve.

Don Schreiner said...

Thank you Sheriff Tracy Carter. I appreciate your comments to Lee County and all of your support for the second amendment. I have always respected your work as Sheriff and your public service. May God Bless you and the United States of America.

LCWC said...

Sheriff Carter is exactly right. Law enforcement assistance is only minutes away and as the good Sheriff alludes to sometimes one only has seconds to react to a real threat. One must be vigilant and prepared. If you need instruction and a place to practice contact the Lee County Wildlife Club. We have memberships available.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I live in Lee County. We had a situation that required the Sheriff's Department's assistance. The deputies were top quality, friendly and I feel went out of their way to accommodate us, this only comes about with good leadership. I am confident that is the case. I am glad to call Sheriff Carter my friend and protector.

Sheila Barber said...

Thanks Sheriff Carter. In times like these, we need reassurance from our leaders. You're a leader. I appreciate all of our LEOs in Lee county. Thanks all.